I am so excited to try this new (to me) herbal supplement for calcium. I found it in Dr. Christopher's manual on herbal home health care. It calls for six parts horsetail grass, four parts comfrey root, three parts oat straw and one part lobelia. We know that most adults lack adequate calcium from their diets, especially women...and even more especially pregnant and nursing women. Heavily processed foods have been robbed of much of the calcium they once had, and inorganic sugars and starches further leach out calcium stored in the body. These herbs can be purchases from mountainroseherbs.com, or I'm sure many other sources. They can be made into a tea or put into capsules. I'm planning to make a tincture for Bekah since she likes that form best. This is very safe for all, including pregnant and nursing mothers, and is assimilated much more easily into the body. I have been taking inferior calcium supplements for years! Can't wait to try this one!! Much love, Nancy 

No comments:
Post a Comment